We aim to provide the highest quality of person-centred care. The central focus of our philosophy of care is to promote the well-being and fulfilment of our residents. We believe that our residents, their families and friends should be informed partners in the provision of this care and that their beliefs and wishes are respected and valued.
Our team will strive to preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality and privacy of all residents within a warm and friendly atmosphere, and in doing so will be sensitive to the resident’s ever-changing needs. Residents will be encouraged to participate in the development of their individual care plans, in which the involvement of family and friends may be appropriate and is highly valued.
1. To provide a secure, stable and comfortable environment whilst providing a standard of individual
psychological and physical care, this ensures that each Resident is as happy and contented as possible.
2. To ensure that the dignity of each Resident is maintained at all times.
3. To stimulate and maintain physical and psychological activities by setting realistic targets and
encouraging Residents to participate in the decision making in an attempt to reach these targets.
4. To enhance the quality of life by providing a safe, secure, comfortable and supportive environment.
5. To ensure each residents right to personal choice is maintained especially in relation to clothes, diet
6. To encourage residents to care for themselves where they are willing and able, and to regularly update
Care Plans to take account of this.
7. To ensure that each resident is treated as an individual and that others respect his or her dignity,
irrespective of any disability or frailty.
8. To maintain each resident’s right to privacy by ensuring all staff knock before entering a room.
9. To maintain each resident’s right to be consulted in any proposed changes to daily living arrangements
and to encourage their participation in making suggestions and decision making.
10. To maintain each residents right of choice of family Practitioner, Dentist, Optician, Chiropodist etc where
11. To ensure each resident has the right to socialise with the community at large by encouraging them to
invite family, friends and acquaintances into our care home.
12. To maintain each resident’s right to have their political, religious and emotional needs accepted and